Adding and tracking pet and animal issues like property damages, attacks / bites, repeat waste offenders, off-lease violations, unauthorized pets at your property is easy with our Incident Reporting feature.
WHY SHOULD YOU USE THIS FEATURE?
When you add an issue in your PetScreening account, it is tracked on the pet/animal profile and is visible to all property management users on your account. Examples of when to use this feature include: after mid-lease or move-out inspections to report damages, during a pet-audit to report unauthorized pets, or at a moment's notice to record a pet bite on your premises. There is no limit to the number of issues that can be added to a profile.
How to report an incident in your PetScreening account:
- Select the profile you want to report from your Profiles page.
- At the top of the selected profile, click Add Issue.
- Choose a category, enter a description of the incident, and click Save.
All reported issues are stored in our nationwide database and made available to the pet/animal owners' future property managers. Just like all of the other services we provide, incident reporting and tracking is free of charge to our property management users. This feature is already enabled in your account.
Activity Report Notifications
As a property manager user, you can receive three types of reports via email. All three of these options are already selected for you by default when an account is created.
- Weekly Activity Summary: This shows a weekly summary of active profiles received, incomplete profiles, profile expirations, and vaccination expirations.
- Daily Activity Summary: This shows a daily summary of active profiles received, incomplete profiles, profile expirations, and vaccination expirations.
- New Profile Notification: This is sent when an active profile is shared with your account.
Property manager users have the option to turn off these email reports.
Follow these steps to access and update your notification preferences in your property manager user account:
- Log in to your PetScreening account.
- Click your name in the top right corner.
- Click My Profile from the drop-down menu.
4. Under the Notification Preferences section, check which email notifications you would like to receive and uncheck those that you do not want to receive. Again, all options are checked by default at time of a property manager’s account registration.
5. Click Save Changes when done.
Sharing Profiles with Maintenance Staff
Sharing Profiles with on-site personnel to notify them of pet/animal occupancy status can be helpful prior to property inspections or maintenance tasks.
Importance of sharing profiles:
- Hold residents more accountable. Sharing profiles with on-site teams prior to performing inspections may reveal a pet is present in a property where a resident reported having no pets.
- Safety for your team is a priority. Alerting them prior to entry into a pet/animal occupied property allows them to be aware of what they are walking into.